Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

I'll pray for you....

I've probably uttered that phrase a hundred times. And then I go about my life, not bothering to keep my word. Is it because I'm too busy? Too distracted? Or lazy? I think at one point or another, I was all of these. But worse than that, I think that I was just flippant about prayer. It sounds nice when someone is struggling..."Oh, I'll pray for you" knowing full well that you have no intention of doing that. Or you really want to know what's going on in some one's life so you say, "Is there anything I can be praying about for you?" It is really easy to say these words, but not always so easy to follow through.


So this year, my on-going prayer request for BSF was that I'd be consistent in prayer and committed to praying for those around me.

James 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

Why do I pray? Besides being commanded to...

  • Prayer reminds me that I am not the solution to the problem but that I have access to the One who IS.
  • Prayer aligns my heart with God's.
  • Prayer takes my heart beyond selfish motives.
  • Prayer acknowledges God for who He is and what He has done
  • Prayer brings about spiritual wisdom and understanding
Those are just a few of the many reasons that I pray. Know this - if I say, "I'll pray for you" - you can rest easy knowing that I'm going to the Lord on your behalf, and that I'm right there in the trenches with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment